Sponge-based electrode system for simultaneous EEG-fMRI
The addition of the R-Net MR to our MRI product portfolio provides the flexibility to choose the right electrode system for your research needs.
The R-Net MR consists of saltwater sponges and passive Ag/AgCl electrodes housed in a durable and flexible silicone structure. The MR version of the R-Net also has current limiting resistors for safe recordings in the MRI environment and has a gel-based ECG electrode. The R-Net MR is available for the BrainAmp MR (plus) and can be used in scanners up to 3 T. Its use is subject to our general 3 T EEG-fMRI safety guidelines.
- All electrodes in the R-Net MR are fitted with serial current-limiting resistors.
- Resistors are also placed inside the cap connector, acting like an additional RF-filter.
- ECG electrodes contain higher resistors than EEG electrodes and the lead wire is made of carbon to compensate for the technical characteristics of longer wires.
- The drop-down ECG electrode lead wire is sheathed in plastic to avoid direct contact with the skin of the test subject.
- All electrode lead wires are routed on the outside of the net and secured to avoid loops and cable movement.
- Wire length from electrode to the amplifier input is fixed to the minimal required length.
- Cable tree exit point options are available to fit with different MRI head coils.
- Clear MR labelling and safety guidelines are in line with industry standards.
- Ultra-fast measurement preparation with our potassium chloride electrolyte solution
- Highly convenient - no gel residues
- It is the only sponge-based electrode system available that follows the international 10-10 positioning system
- Serial number sticker on connector box for easy tracking and layout questions.
- Carbon Wire Loops
The R-Net MR can be equipped with carbon wire loops (CWL) for better correction of motion related artefacts. The CWLs are bipolar channels and the measurement requires a BrainAmp ExG MR. Further information can be found in this Press Release article as well as on our webinar channel.
- KRIOS Compatibility
KRIOS by Northern Digital Instruments NDI is an infrared camera system including software to digitize individual, real-life electrode positions. In order to work with KRIOS system the electrodes will be equipped with permanent reflectors in a high quality and precise manner.
- Learn more about the R-Net MR: Click here
- Request more information or a quote:Click here
- Contact your local distributor:Click here
Our products are scientific equipment for INVESTIGATIONAL USE ONLY! Medical use e.g. for diagnosis, treatment of disease or other such purposes is strictly forbidden.
|EEG electrode type||Passive electrode with Ag/AgCl pellet and sponge soaked with electrolyte|
|EEG electrode height [mm]||Approx. 16 mm|
|ECG electrode type||Multitrodes for MR with sintered Ag/AgCl sensors|
|ECG electrode height [mm]||3.5 mm|
|Cable tree length [cm]
(including connector box)
|Current limiting resistors [kOhm]||EEG channels: 10 (5 in electrode and 5 in connection box)
ECG channel: 20 (15 in electrode and 5 in connection box)
REF: 15 (10 in electrode and 5 in connection box)
GND: 15 (10 in electrode and 5 in connection box)
|MR safety label||MR conditional|
|Size [cm]||Adult S (55): to fit head circumference 54-56
Adult M (57): to fit head circumference 56-58
Adult L (59): to fit head circumference 58-60
Adult XL (61): to fit head circumference 60-62
Child/Adolescent S (49): to fit head circumference 48-50
Child/Adolescent M (51): to fit head circumference 50-52
Child/Adolescent L (53): to fit head circumference 52-54
|Number of channels||32, 64, 96, 128|
|Cable tree exit point||CPz (standard) or
FFCz (to fit Siemens 64 channel head coil)
|Carbon wire loops||4 bipolar loops at left-frontal, right-frontal, left-parietal, and right parietal locations|
|Krios compatibility||Permanent reflectors fitted to each electrode for compatibility with KRIOS by Northern Digital Instruments|
|Suitable for use in MR scanner room||Yes, up to 3 T.
MR conditional, i.e. guidelines must be observed
|CE marking||The Brain Products GmbH confirms the RoHS compliance of this product according to Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parliament and the Council of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (recast published in the Official Journal of the European Union on 1 July 2011) as well as all its amendments up to and including the Commission delegated directive (EU) 2015/863 of 31 March 2015 (published in the 0fficial Journal of the European Union on 4 June 2015).
The CE marking is based on the RoHS compliance.
Manual, Tutorials & Downloads (only for registered users)
Press Release Articles
Coming soon: R-Net MR – a sponge-based electrode system for simultaneous EEG-fMRI
by Dr. Tracy Warbrick