TriggerBox / TriggerBox Extension
THE tool to easily handle and merge triggers from various sources
The TriggerBox helps to handle and merge triggers arriving from different sources, which is quite often a requirement in complex laboratory setups. For example, some markers might arrive from experiment control software via parallel - DB25 (LPT port) - input while other devices - like MOVE, TMS, etc. - may communicate through BNC. If so, the amplifier should record all the triggers simultaneously.
TriggerBox at a glance
- TriggerBox has connectors for parallel/LPT as well as BNC inputs; the latter are all isolated from each other as well as from the other input connectors.
- It is equipped with 8 toggle switches to regulate bit-wise which input should determine the value of the output parallel port, where the EEG amplifier is connected.
- It can provide connection to the 16th bit of the BrainAmp trigger input, via an optical fibre cable or BNC connector.
- It offers a stretching function for the 8th and 16th bits which is useful if the incoming TTL pulses are too short for the amplifier and would otherwise go undetected.
- It is powered by USB
- new as of revision 2 (released in September 2015): TriggerBox is now even more flexible and provides a virtual serial port via USB that can be directly addressed from your stimulus presentation software ... more details
- TriggerBox Extension offers 8 additional BNC connectors which can be linked to the 8 upper bits (from lines 8 and 15) of the BrainAmp or used as a standalone solution for amplifiers such as actiCHamp or V-Amp in situations where stretching, switching and isolation functions are not required.
- It can be connected to the output trigger port of the actiCHamp in order to lead the outgoing signal to the BNC ports.
Interested in more?
- Learn more about the TriggerBox: Click here
- Download "Programming examples to use the TriggerBox as a Virtual Serial Port" and "TriggerBox Test IO":
- Request more information or a quote: Click here
- Contact your local distributor: Click here
Our products are scientific equipment for INVESTIGATIONAL USE ONLY! Medical use e.g. for diagnosis, treatment of disease or other such purposes is strictly forbidden.
|Power supply||4.5 VDC to 5.5 VDC; 160 mA
Power supply via USB port of computer; computer must either comply with IEC 60601 or IEC 60950.
|Pulse stretcher||Switch position 5 ms: Stretching of relevant trigger pulse to 5 ms ±1 ms.
Switch position OFF: No stretching of relevant trigger pulse.
|USB port||USB 2.0, type B
configured as virtual serial port
delay < 1 ms
jitter < 1 ms
|Input signal||0 VDC to 5 VDC|
|TTL (0-5 VDC), CMOS, low voltage TTL (0-3.3 VDC)|
|0 VDC to 5 VDC, depending on the input signal|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||200 mm x 160 mm x 40 mm|
|Weight (approx.)||580 g|
|Level conditions||- The levels of open BNC inputs are by default high.
- The level of the open PC input is set by the amplifier.
- If connected to an LPT port of a computer, the level of the trigger lines on the PC input is determined by the computer.
|Dimensions||192 mm x 160 mm x 35 mm|
|Further technical data||please refer to the operation instructions|
|System requirements for the TriggerBox Test IO|
|Operating system||Windows® 7, 32 and 64 bit
Windows® 8.1, 64 bit
|USB port||USB 2.0 or higher|
|Suitable for use in MR scanner room||no|
|CE marking||The Brain Products GmbH confirms the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) of this product according to the Directive 2014/30/ EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to electromagnetic compatibility.
The Brain Products GmbH confirms the RoHS compliance of this product according to Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parliament and the Council of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (recast published in the Official Journal of the European Union on 1 July 2011) as well as all its amendments up to and including the Commission delegated directive (EU) 2015/863 of 31 March2015 (published in the 0fficial Journal of the European Union on 4 June 2015).
Type: pdf Size: 289.3 KB
Manual, Tutorials & Downloads (only for registered users)
Press Release Articles
Interfacing Brain Products hardware and software from your favorite experiment control software
by Dr. Alex Kreilinger
TriggerBox – Marker triggering via USB port
by Carlos Cruz Pérez
Ultra fast closed loop applications combining our actiCHamp amplifier with Lab Streaming Layer (LSL)
by Dominik Dietze
TriggerBox 2 – millisecond precise trigger without a parallel port
by Davide Riccobon
TriggerBox and TriggerBox Extension
by Dr. Roland Csuhaj
Type: pdf Size: 130.9 KB