actiCAP slim / actiCAP snap
actiCAP slim and actiCAP snap – The next generation active electrode system
The actiCAP is the go-to solution for reliable and flexible high-quality EEG recordings. We kept on improving the design of our active electrodes and here present the latest version: actiCAP slim and actiCAP snap.
actiCAP active electrode features at a glance:
- Higher impedance recordings – Active circuits for impedance conversion are integrated directly in the actiCAP slim electrodes. Impedance conversion already at the electrode level makes it possible to achieve outstanding signal quality even with higher impedances compared to conventional passive electrodes. Hence the preparation time per electrode is reduced tremendously.
- Wide hardware compatibility – connect actiCAP to any Brain Products amplifier and nearly all existing competitor research EEG amplifier systems.
- Per-electrode LED impedance feedback* – Multi-color LEDs in the electrodes indicate the impedance ranges. This makes electrode preparation very convenient and fast, since the feedback is given directly at the electrode level without the need to look at a computer screen (e.g. 64ch in approx. 10 minutes).
- Easy electrode replacement – actiCAP electrodes are very sturdy; however, in the event that an actiCAP electrode fails, flawless replacement of single electrodes is possible.
- Smaller – Our engineers managed to fit all the features of the original actiCAP electrode in a new form factor that is three times thinner. The actiCAP slim is a fully active EEG electrode with impedance conversion circuitry and multi-color LED impedance feedback scaled down by a factor of three.
- Lightweight – actiCAP slim is also lighter. The low center of gravity together with the lower weight reduces motion artefacts in EEG data. This makes it an ideal companion for MoBI (mobile brain/body imaging) research. The lower weight per electrode makes a high-density cap significantly lighter and hence more comfortable to wear.
- More robust – The new design of the electrode comes with flat pellets that are covered by the electrode housing from the sides. This protects the pellet from accidental damages.
- Easier preparation – Preparation of the actiCAP was always quick and easy. The larger opening in the actiCAP slim makes the electrode preparation even easier. It now allows the usage of paste for long-term recordings like in sleep research!
- The lower profile of the actiCAP slim makes it ideal for TMS applications. This allows positioning of the stimulator coil very closely to the head, resulting in minimal loss of TMS pulse power. Combining actiCAP slim with our high sampling rate actiCHamp amplifier, will give you the benefit of ultra-short artifacts. For a more in-depth look at this application field, please click here.
- Easy-to-use holder that further enhances usability and gives you the flexibility to mix and match actiCAP slim electrodes with caps sizes and cap electrode arrangements.
- Allows inserting and removing actiCAP slim electrodes with just a “snap” and a minimum amount of force. Still provides firm hold, also in mobile environments.
- Different holder colors speed up the setup and prevent electrode placement errors.
- Gives the flexibility of using a single electrode bundle with different cap sizes or combining multiple bundles for one high-density electrode arrangement.
- actiCAP slim: actiCAP slim electrode cap with embedded active electrodes
- actiCAP snap: actiCAP snap electrode cap with slide-in electrode holders, plus actiCAP slim electrode set
Single actiCAP slim active signal electrodes:
actiCAP slim electrodes are also available as single electrodes for applications, where a sensor has to be placed outside of the cap and scalp area, e.g. for EOG or EMG signal registration. They can be fixed quickly and easily with a washer and with or without a holder between the housing and the skin.
Available cable lengths:
- normal cable length: 0,65 m
- long cable length: 1,5 m
Interested in more?
- Learn more about actiCAP slim and snap: Click here
- Watch our tutorial video on "Getting started with actiCAP slim with snap cap and LiveAmp"
- Request more information or a quote:Click here
- Contact your local distributor:Click here
Our products are scientific equipment for INVESTIGATIONAL USE ONLY! Medical use e.g. for diagnosis, treatment of disease or other such purposes is strictly forbidden.
|Input impedance||> 200 MΩ|
|Operating frequency||DC - 5000 Hz|
|Inherent noise (incl. electrode noise)||< 2 μVpp for 0.1 – 35 Hz band|
|Dynamic range||± 1000 mV|
|Offset voltage||< 20 mV (incl. electrode offset) measured in 0.9% saline (NaCl)|
|Height||Approx. 6 mm|
|Width||Approx. 13 mm|
|Suitable for use in MR scanner room||no|
|CE marking||The Brain Products GmbH confirms the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) of this product according to the Directive 2014/30/ EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to electromagnetic compatibility.
The Brain Products GmbH confirms the RoHS compliance of this product according to the Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parliament and the Council of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (recast published in the Official Journal of the European Union on 1 July 2011) as well as all its amendments up to and including the Commission delegated directive (EU) 2015/863 of 31 March 2015 (published in the 0fficial Journal of the European Union on 4 June 2015).
Type: pdf Size: 585.5 KB
Type: pdf Size: 531.2 KB
Type: pdf Size: 1.3 MB
Type: pdf Size: 1.0 MB
Type: pdf Size: 914.8 KB
Type: pdf Size: 830.6 KB
Type: pdf Size: 777.7 KB
Type: pdf Size: 638.0 KB
Type: pdf Size: 2.7 MB
Type: pdf Size: 10.8 MB
Manual, Tutorials & Downloads (only for registered users)
Press Release Articles
Easycap EEG recording caps: An overview
by Falk Minow
Fully powered, high-density, EEG & fNIRS with Brain Products and NIRx
by Eduardo Bellomo, Ph.D.
New adaptors to easily combine Brain Products and EGI hardware
by Dr. Christina Florence Lavallée
Introducing a mobile, multimodal EEG-fNIRS set-up
by Eduardo Bellomo, Ph.D. & Dr. Mahipal Choudhary
Product update: A better splitter box for Brain Products outstanding active electrode system!
by Dr. Michael Schubert
actiCAP slim active Electrodes Walkthrough
by Dr. Thomas Emmerling and Dr. Alex Kreilinger
Product Launch: actiCAP slim and actiCAP snap – The next generation active electrode system
by Dr. Thomas Emmerling
Meet our newest electrode: the actiCAP slim
by Dr. Thomas Emmerling